The fifth annual Edina Day of Service is Saturday, Oct. 26.
This is the first year event host Connecting With Kids is partnering with Xcel Energy and Jerry’s Foods. Participants can pick up a free snack from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. by Jerry’s Foods, 5125 Vernon Ave.
During the past five years, more than 3,000 people have participated in community improvement projects on Edina Day of Service.
Projects can be registered at connectingwithkidsedina.org.
Service projects include:
• Highway 62 clean up from 7-10 a.m., hosted by Edina Morningside Rotary.
• Clean up of Lewis Park and Lake Edina Park from 9-11 a.m., hosted by the Edina High School Robotics Team.
• Highlands Elementary grounds clean up and buckthorn removal from 9 a.m. to noon, hosted by the Highlands PTO.
• Creek Valley Elementary grounds clean up from 9 a.m. to noon, hosted by the Creek Valley PTA.
• Concord Elementary grounds clean up from 12:30-3:30 p.m., hosted by the Concord PTO.
• Buckthorn abatement at the Countryside School pond from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., hosted by John St. Pierre.
• Volunteer at Pumpkin Fest, hosted by 50th and France Business Association.
• Creek clean up from 8:30 a.m. to noon, hosted by Boy Scout Troop Packs 48 and 62.
• Girl Scout Day at Children’s Hospital.
• Grounds clean up from 9-10 a.m., hosted by Cross View Lutheran Church.
• Neighborhood clean up from 1-3 p.m., hosted by Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church.
• Grounds and community clean up from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., hosted by Normandale Lutheran Church.
• Energy audits sponsored by the Center for Energy and the Environment.
• Think Mutual Bank employees and families will fill more than 50 backpacks with personal care items to be donated to teens in need in Edina.
More information about the projects can be found on Connecting With Kids’ website.